Gloria Petersen’s Strategies Will Energize Your Event and Solidify Your Client Relationships
Do any of the following reflect your experience?
- This is the first year that you’re in charge of the annual corporate conference and you want to make it the best event ever. However, you do not have event planning experience. How do you lay the foundation and master the logistics for a memorable event?
- You have international representatives attending your company’s annual trade show and you’ve been put in charge of hospitality—showing them the city and making sure they have a good time when they’re not visiting your booth. What are the dos and don’ts of hosting international visitors?
- This year you will be attending several corporate celebrations and you want to be sure that you understand all the protocols and expectations for yourself and your guests. What are tips for being a gracious host and an impeccable guest, and what is the best way to show appreciation?
Whether you are host or guest, participant or spectator, Gloria Petersen’s Event Strategies for Successful Business Entertaining contains a wealth of information and insight into planning, hosting events and attending events and conferences. The details can be mindboggling—knowing the goals, sending the invitations, following the proper dress code, accommodating guests, avoiding faux pas, covering all the assignments, taking care of business gifts, and the list goes on. Plus, there are different approaches based on different experiences.
Ten Ways to Make Your Business Events Extraordinary
Gloria didn’t miss a step! This book is about being prepared, creating the right conditions and best atmosphere for solidifying relationships with clients, customers, prospects, and employees. There are three main elements: (1) the “social-ability” element, (2) the planning element, and (3) the creative element that contribute to the success of an event.
- Understand the principles and strategies of business entertaining, create an energizing social environment by setting goals, create plans and assemble the right team, and make your event memorable.
- Consider all the logistics and details to stage a successful event, from invitations to decorations to seating to caterers. Know all the protocols and expectations and avoid pitfalls.
- Extend and respond to a variety of invitations (postal and electronic) with ease and unravel the “what to wear” dilemma.
- Understand the responsibilities of being a host or guest, guidelines for selecting a master of ceremony, and tips for accommodating special needs guests.
- Cover rules, expectations, and proper etiquette for attending cultural events and concerts, and introduce the finer points of home entertainment.
- Realize that corporate sporting events or retreats are for team building, and there are principles that cover the dos and don’ts of being a participant or a spectator.
- Reinforce the notion that business parties and events are for socializing and that there are expectations and specific protocols for everyone in attendance, from the CEO to employees and guests;.
- Remind everyone that the main focus at a major conference or trade show is to represent their company, manage a successful booth, make the most of the event, and still find time to relax and have fun safely.
- Provide guidelines on giving business gifts, reciprocating gifts, and declining gifts. Above all showing appreciation and making people feel special.
- Impress upon everyone to plan for every detail, provide tried and tested checklists, and convey the importance of evaluating each event afterward.
If you are a trainer or professor, consider adding the module companions to your curriculum in an easy to use format. For details, visit GlobalProtocolAcademy.com
The strategies Gloria presents have been developed with the assistance of an advisory board, business leaders from a diverse range of occupations and industries, and team of experts have ensured that the material is timeless, accurate, and useful. Cash in on the expertise of a professional mentor who will guide you step by step in developing and refining your professional persona.