Gloria Petersen Will Raise Your Comfort Level with Dining Challenges at Any Venue
Do you have what it takes?
- Are you ready to transition from a casual coffee to formal meal with ease?
- If you have been asked to entertain a corporate guest at an upscale restaurant or attend a formal charity banquet, will you feel out of your league?
- You have been invited by a recruiter to an interview lunch; however, your meal experiences have been primarily fast food restaurants. Do you know the protocols of proper dining decorum at a business meal?
- You are new to the United States. Do you know how to navigate a variety of food courts, corporate dining rooms, and buffets with ease?
- You have been promoted and you’re expected to negotiate with major clients in a wide range of restaurants. Are you ready to make menu and wine pairing recommendations?
- Your company is expanding, and it involves entertaining international clients. Are you ready to handle cultural meal-related nuisances and toasting protocols?
Whatever your scenario, the last thing you want to do is to appear uncomfortable. The meal is where all your social graces come together. Therefore, your ability to stay in control and exude impressive dining decorum are paramount. Here’s your solution: In Dining Strategies for Building and Sustaining Business Relationships, Gloria provides strategies on how to handle every aspect of dining etiquette and protocol. There is so much more to know than which utensils to use, your organizational skills are also on display. Your career may depend on how you handle meal meetings, from reservations to the close of the meeting, and your ability to personally enhance the dining experience. Knowing how to recover from mishaps will also serve you well in building and sustaining relationships.
Nine Secrets for Casually Sipping and Formally Dining with Business Partners
Gloria provides you with the ultimate resource to help you rediscover and master the nuances of conducting business over a meal. Be ready with expert advice from the book’s contributors and Gloria’s personal experiences. Plus, you will find everything from arranging a meal meeting and strategic seating arrangements to the ritual of toasting and global dining. It’s a preparation tool for ensuring a successful business meal meeting. This book offers valuable and timeless knowledge regardless of trends.
- Understand the guidelines, rules, and expectations around business meals, gain the competitive edge in establishing successful partnerships, and recognize that proper dining etiquette always puts others at ease.
- Familiarize yourself with all the components of table settings, identify how to master different dining styles, and minimize unnecessary disruptions in service.
- Gain an overview of dining courtesies, learn to be confident during those “what to do” moments, and successfully handle those embarrassing mishaps that are bound to happen.
- Become familiar with a restaurant’s “behind the scenes” protocols (take a walk in the server’s shoes) along with tipping guidelines.
- Demonstrate your familiarity with handling reservations and cancellations, selecting dining venues, and communicating your purpose.
- Build relationships from the moment of arrival, know the unwritten rules around business decisions, and master the secrets of power dining.
- Brief yourself on navigating fast-food options and informal buffets, avoid the pitfalls of “grab and go” multi-tasking meals, and maintain personal responsibility at special occasions.
- Be responsible with alcoholic drinks, raise your comfort level with food and wine pairings, and recognize the ceremonial value of toasting at a business meal.
- Increase your sensitivity and awareness of cultural differences in dining before you entertain international clients.
If you are a trainer or professor, consider adding the module companions to your curriculum in an easy to use format. For details, visit GlobalProtocolAcademy.com
The strategies Gloria presents have been developed with the assistance of an advisory board, business leaders from a diverse range of occupations and industries. Our team of experts have ensured that the material is timeless, accurate, and useful. Cash in on the expertise of a professional mentor who will guide you step by step in developing and refining your professional persona.
Buy your desk copy now at Amazon.com
(Available in soft cover and ebook)
Learn about our companion SME Training Module
Next Training Date: October 20 to 25, 2019
Fill out our Contact Form to inquire about seminars and keynotes