Subject Matter Expert (SME) Training Modules
Module I: Seven Steps to Impressive Greetings and Confident Interactions
Module II: Success Strategies for Networking in Person and Online
Module III: Dining Strategies for Building and Sustaining Business Relationships
Module IV: Event Strategies for Successful Business Entertaining
(Modules II, III, and IV contain the following components.)
Seven Steps to
Impressive Greetings and Confident Interactions
How would you like to become a subject matter expert on professionalism without spending endless hours searching all over the web for content? Plus, some things are not as effectively learned online as they are in person … social skills are a prime example. They are only developed through interactions with “real” people.
This is it—a “one-of-a-kind ultimate professional development module” that enhances the quality of everyone’s interaction with others! How you present and conduct yourself in any given situation can make or break your chances for success. Your personal presentation is a key component of utilizing your social intelligence. This module will guide you through developing a strong professional presence with commanding conversation skills to closing an interaction with poise, confidence, and control.
Note from the Author:
This module is my legacy to you! I have provided seminars and training covering professional image, etiquette, and protocol for over 25 years. During those years, I have never hesitated to engage the assistance of corporate executives and specialists in a wide range of industries to be sure that my material remains current, timely, and relevant! … Gloria Petersen
If you are a trainer or instructor, this training module is indispensable. It gives you the tools you need to create and deliver a comprehensive training curriculum. I have put myself in “your” shoes as the trainer and back in my shoes as the developer to make sure the training is user-friendly and comprehensive. The work is all done for you! All you need to do to personalize your training is add “your personality” and “industry language.”
SME Module I
Seven Steps to Impressive Greetings and Confident Interactions
This seven-step training module will be instrumental in giving corporate trainers and educational institutions the tools they need to provide a comprehensive training curriculum ranging from impressive greetings and conversation skills to effective follow-up tactics. These skills serve as an indispensable foundation for every business interaction . . . networking, meeting over meals, attending events . . . the list is endless!
Packaging: Clear plastic binder with custom overlay and two snap side closures.
- Binder #1: Three ring binder that houses the module script and flash drive (pocket insert).
- Binder #2: Box-type binder that houses the class textbook (published and bound softcover book, participant workbook, facilitator guide, and interactive activity and visual aid notebook (no rings).
Box 1 of 2:
The facilitator script is located in the three-ring clear binder and has three columns:
- Column #1: Learning icons that identify actions (e.g., lecture, Q&A, activity)
- Column #2: Script text to guide the facilitator in the flow of the text
- Column #3: PowerPoint illustrations when needed to illustrate points or offer visual examples
Slide Show DVD (or flash drive option)
Contains two versions of the slide show. (This allows the facilitator to control the timing.)
- Version #1: Slide show with discussion and activity prompts
- Version #2: Slide show without discussion and activity prompts
Box 2 of 2:
Invaluable and Multipurpose!
- Part I: Preparing for the Role as Facilitator
How to use your facilitator/instructor preparation guide, introduction to the team of experts, process overview, building a solid foundation, your role as a facilitator, overall module package, etc.
- Part II: Preparing for the Participants
Open enrollment and room setup checklist, tips for preparing and engaging participants/students, image, and classroom dynamics, learning strategies, and how to conclude the training, etc.
- Part III: Preparing for the Presentation Delivery
How to use the script, topics, and subtopics, matrix, sample time line, about the training icons, plus other important elements.
The purpose of this notebook is to allow the facilitator/trainer to practice the script activities and discussions and become familiar with the slide show. Plus, this allows you to add your “spin” to the training. They are numbered in conjunction with the facilitator script.
A copy of each slide show to allow the facilitator to make personal notes in the use of each slide.
- The class textbook, The Art of Professional Connections: Seven Steps to Impressive Greetings and Confident Interactions) is a published paperback that is available at bookstores. It is also available in electronic formats such as Kindle.
- The class workbook provides lecture note taking, question/answer discussions, and references the class textbook pages for additional information on a topic when desired.