Let Gloria Petersen Be Your Guide for Building a Successful Professional Presence and Forging a Memorable Interaction
Ask yourself —do a self-analysis:
- You know you have what it takes, but when you enter a room do you exude confidence?
- Do people recognize immediately that you’ve got “IT”? That thing about you that makes you charismatic and demonstrates confidence.
- Do you struggle greeting new people and establishing new relationships?
- If you know you are competent, but you don’t have the greatest conversation skills, do you hide behind your technology or avoid in-person connections all together?
- Do you make a positive and competent impression when you’re at interviews, attending meetings, or networking?
- Have you let social media chip away at your social skills?
Now’s your chance! Gloria Petersen’s book, Seven Steps to Impressive Greetings and Confident Interactions, offers proven strategies to make your next interaction the first step toward one of many successful business relationships. You career depends on confident first impressions, clear communication, a secure grasp of business etiquette and protocol, personal charisma, and social intelligence. So, whether you’re simply interested in presenting yourself better in work and social settings or your career depends on it, Gloria will help you create a powerful personal presence.
Gloria provides you with the essential image and social skills needed to help you develop your professional presence, master confident interactions, and give you the conversational skill sets to guide you through everything from simple interviews to high-profile meetings.
- Determine how you want to be perceived, make a professional impact with your appearance, control your body language, and read body language cues.
- Identify the three primary ways to make an introduction, honor rank and titles, and get beyond awkward “what to do when” moments.
- Learn techniques for remembering names, handle challenging names and pronunciations, and decipher unique name arrangements and accents.
- Be comfortable with the protocol of the business handshake, identify the various types of handshakes and their meanings, and know the components of a powerful handshake.
- Develop gratifying conversations by creating a conversation DNA, understand the place and purpose of small talk, eliminate distractions, overcome sensitive situations, and learn what you can or cannot control with a C-STEP formula.
- Design a business card that best reflects you and your company, and know exactly when, where, and how to exchange cards.
- Make your departure as memorable as your greeting, create a follow-up process, and keep a business interaction flowing by overcoming follow-up reluctance.
Seven Steps to Impressive Greetings and Confident Interactions serves as the foundation of Gloria’s four-volume guidebook series, The Art of Professional Connections. Apply these skillsets when seeking employment or advancement, networking, meeting over meals, and planning (or attending) events. This series includes:
- Success Strategies for Networking In Person and Online
- Dining Strategies for Building and Sustaining Business Relationships
- Event Strategies for Successful Business Entertaining
SME Training Module Companion
Each book has a training module companion. If you are a trainer or professor, consider adding the module companions to your curriculum in an easy to use format. For details, visit GlobalProtocolAcademy.com
The strategies Gloria presents have been developed with the assistance of the Global Protocol advisory board and fact checkers (from a diverse range of occupations and industries). Their opinions and contributions have ensured that the material is current, accurate, and complete. Cash in on the expertise of a professional mentor who will guide you step by step in developing and refining your professional persona and overall effectiveness.
A “must have” book that redirects careers … the right way
A Personal Note from Gloria
Early in my career as a professional presence, etiquette, and protocol adviser, I had to deal with my own insecurities and awkwardness. To get the official “training” (e.g., certification) was one thing; however, to put it into action and advise others was a whole different expectation. The training taught me what I did not know. Observing people, making my own mistakes and learning from them, and finally researching for more answers gave me guidance and confidence. This type of self-training is and should be an ongoing endeavor.
The ability to connect with others in any venue is a critical business skill. Dynamic communication starts with the greeting and progresses throughout the entire interaction. To walk into a room and make yourself known, to show confidence as you engage in conversation with a wide range of people, and to put others at ease are all sought-after capabilities. It is this kind of social intelligence that identifies individuals with above-average interpersonal skills and determines who will make long-lasting business connections. This is the kind of people who have inspired me throughout my career, and it’s why I have written this book.
I also wrote Seven Steps to Impressive Greetings and Confident Interactions to serve as a prerequisite and foundation for the next three titles. These are the skill sets that accompany you everywhere! Without these skill sets you will not be able to network effectively, conduct a client meeting over a meal successfully, or set up (or participate in) a productive business event. The seven steps I present will serve as a “checklist” for you to be sure that you are prepared and have all you need.
- To help you develop communication skills that start with your first impression;
- To show you how to identify elements of an individual’s personal presentation;
- To help you master the components of an impressive greeting and confident interaction;
- To give you the skill sets that take you from an interview or business event to high-profile individual meetings; and
- To identify the conversation cues that will help you to close a conversation in an impressive way and plan your follow-up.
Each chapter represents a “Step,” and identifies its objectives to be sure it offers what you want or need to know. These “steps” happen spontaneously and can happen in quick exchange of pleasantries or prompt a lengthy discussion. They lay the foundation for building a long lasting business relationship.